Your big day is finally here! After months of build up and planning it’s finally time to tie the knot. But oh no! That fabulous manicure you got yesterday just chipped…and it’s of course your left ring finger that will be featured in numerous pictures after the nuptials. Thankfully your BFF maid of honor thought ahead and packed an emergency kit just for a mishap like this. What else did she pack away? Keep this list handy so you can be prepared for anything that could go wrong from before walking down the aisle to boogying into the night.
- Hair pins
- Mini first aid kit (Pain reliever of choice), Epi Pen if needed, other medications you may need, band aids, antibiotic ointment)
- Double Sided Tape/Garment Tape
- Tic tacs/mouthwash/gum/breath mint of choice
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nail care kit (Clear nail polish, nail polish matching your mani/pedi, nail file, nail polish remover, nail clippers)
- Extra set of contacts and contact cleaner
- Extra pantyhose
- Comb and/or brush
- Extra make-up
- Make-up remover
- Needle and thread
- Stain pen
- Snacks (Granola bars, pretzels, chocolate, etc…)
- Lint Roller
- Super glue
This list is not all inclusive; some things may need to be added or taken away depending on the set up of your wedding day, but be prepared so a mini catastrophe doesn’t take away from the focus of your big day. Some couples also make up a small basket of some of these things and stick it in the bathrooms in case their guests need to freshen up a bit or has a mishap of their own. With a little forethought and planning nothing will slow you down as you marry the partner of your dreams!
Shadowland staff had an amazing opportunity last month to travel to Las Vegas for the Wedding Merchants Business Academy (WMBA). Executive Director Nicole Beltz and Event Coordinator Cheyenne Galbraith spent the week there attending classes and furiously taking notes to better improve our couples’ experience at Shadowland. After sitting down with them and reviewing the highlights of the conference here are some things we learned to advance our brand and be better equipped to give our couples the day of their dreams!
What was the purpose of this conference and who was invited?